Hadrian’s Wall Challenge
This year Midshire Business Systems is taking on a strenuous challenge by aiming to walk the full length of Hadrian’s Wall. The Midshire team is walking in aid of The National Institute of Conductive Education.
Hadrian’s Wall is an 85 mile course across the width of the country, commencing in Wallsend on the west coast and finishing at Bowness-on-Solway on the east coast. The challenge is expected to last 6 days.
Facts about Hadrian’s Wall
• Hadrian’s Wall was first built in AD122
• Construction was largely completed in six years
• The structure was built in stone
• At the time it was first built, the wall would have been 8-10 feet wide and 15 feet tall
• Emperor Hadrian built Hadrian’s Wall as a defensive structure to keep the Picts out of Roman land.
• In 1987 it became a World Heritage Site
National Trail Summer Passport
As part of the walk we will be taking on the National Trail Summer Passport Challenge. All walkers will be stopping at a number of historical sites along the way, where a stamp will be provided. Once all seven stamps have been acquired a Completion Badge and Certificate can be obtained.
• The Banks Promenade (Bowness-on-Solway) or The Kings Arms (Bowness-on-Solway)
• Sands Centre (Carlisle)
• Birdoswald Roman Fort (near Gilsland)
• Housesteads Roman Fort (near Bardon Mill)
• Chesters Roman Fort (Chollerford)
• Robin Hood Inn (near Whittledene Reservoir)
• Segedunum Roman Fort (Wallsend)
To support the Hadrian’s Wall walk please donate to the Just Giving page.
Black & white documents, are you using black toner or colour toner?
Many employees now have the choice and freedom to print their work from any of the printers and copiers at…
Photocopier Hard Drive Security – Are You at Risk?
Today, businesses are all too aware of the importance of protecting data. With the introduction of GDPR in May 2018,…
RISO Duplicators – The Ideal Technology for Graphic Arts Printing
Originally designed to print high-speed documents for busy offices, schools and churches, RISO duplicators have found a new niche market…
Midshire’s Parent Company Wins Prestigious iF Design Award
National managed print service provider Midshire is thrilled to announce that Sharp Europe’s MX-B455W/MX-B355W A4 digital multifunction black and white…
Sharp Electronics Europe Acquires Midshire
Sharp Electronics Europe today announces that is has acquired Midshire Business Systems Limited and Midshire Business Systems (Northern) Ltd, together known…
Small Office Photocopier Innovation for Quality Save
At a fraction of their previous costs, 23 Quality Save stores have increased functionality and savings with innovative managed print…
What is an Automatic Photocopier Sorter? A Quick Guide
When photocopying or printing multiple copies of large documents, it can be quite a task to manually sort them by…