A Cluster-in-a-Box (CiB) is an innovative platform engineered to scale highly-available computer and shared storage services in an extremely efficient and energy saving condensed footprint. It is the ultimate virtualised IT environment available today. It’s a more affordable and easier to deploy server solution.
Promoted by Microsoft, the DataON Cluster-in-a-Box is the ideal solution for all businesses, from SMEs right up to multiple branch organisations.
There are two core scenarios that utilise DataOn CiB
- Hyper-V cluster – this solution is delivered straight out of the box. Easy to setup and can be deploy within hours.
- Storage cluster (Scale out file server SOFS) – this is the perfect entry into scale out file servers.
Using industry leading modular storage building blocks, DataON products ensure a seamless deployment experience on the Microsoft Windows Server platform.
Features of a cluster-in-a-box
- Scale-Out High Availability w/failover clustering
- Active/Active or Active/Passive HA Configuration
- Up to 420TB in a single storage enclosure
- Dual server node with 70-bay clustered storage
- Dual Intel Xeon Processors per node
- Up to 256GB memory per node
- Dual 2.5” OS drive bays per node
- Integrated 3 PCI-e 3.0 x8 slot per node
Benefits of a Cluster-in-a-Box
- Out-of-box ready deployments
- Easy to deploy – can be done in minimal time
- Virtualization ready
- Hard Disk Drives HDD and solid state drives SSD are both supported
- Windows Server® 2012 R2 and NexentaStor compliant
- Scalable solutions with DataON JBODs
DataON Cluster-on-a-Box is ideal for:
- Deployments of big data
- Scalable deployments
- Both public and private clouds
- Small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- IT departments that are centralised
Speak to an Expert 03332 413 433
Our customer support help-desk technicians will guide you through the next steps,
to assist you with your query.