Information Technology – A Complete Guide
This guide has been created to help readers form a basic knowledge of Information Technology (IT). When considering computer and processing technologies, it is possible to distinguish IT into four distinct developmental stages – pre-mechanical (3000 BC – 1450 AD), mechanical (1450 – 1840), electromechanical (1840 – 1940), and electronic (1940 – present). This guide will primarily focus on the most recent period, electronic, beginning with a brief history of IT and how computers were perceived. This guide will then consider the impact of the internet, with a look at the most predominant companies dealing in the IT industry, and ending by exploring the modern implications and future of IT.
Where would you like to start?
1. A Brief History of IT
2. What companies are in the IT industry?
3. The Internet
5. Computer Hardware and Software
6. Modern IT Solutions & the Role of Service Providers
8. Outsourced Technical Support
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Types of Support
- 8.3 Benefits of Outsourcing Technical Support
- 8.4 Disadvantages of Outsourcing Technical Support
- 8.5 What to look for in a good IT Technical Support Provider
- 8.6 Outsourcing IT Technical Support for Small Businesses
- 8.7 Outsourcing Technical Support for Large Businesses
10. Disaster Recovery
- 10.1 What is Disaster Recovery?
- 10.2 Benefits of having a Disaster Recovery Plan
- 10.3 Disadvantages of having a Disaster Recovery Plan
- 10.4 What Systems need Protection
- 10.5 Things to Consider when Choosing a Disaster Recovery Provider
- 10.6 Disaster Recovery for Small Business
- 10.7 Disaster Recovery for Large Business
11. Network Security
13. Upgrading Hardware
14. What does the Future Hold for IT?
Speak to an Expert 03332 413 433
Our customer support help-desk technicians will guide you through the next steps,
to assist you with your query.